Native Fish of the Golden Trout Wilderness
For thousands of years, a population of rainbow trout adapted and evolved in the drainages of the Golden Trout Wilderness. Since then, three unique subspecies of rainbow trout, emerged within the upper Kern River basin.
Collectively referred to as golden trout, the three subspecies of rainbow described in this Ebook are:
- California golden trout (Golden Trout Creek & South Fork Kern River)
- Little Kern golden trout (Clicks Creek)
- Kern River rainbow trout (Upper Kern River)
Whether your goal is completing the California Heritage Trout Challenge, or just finding some of the Southern Sierra Nevada's most scenic stretches of water to wet a line,
Native Fish of the Golden Trout Wilderness will help you reach your goal.
About the Book
Native Fish of the Golden Trout Wilderness is compiled from the following EcoAngler Reports:
- Golden Trout Creek
- South Fork Kern River
- Little Kern Golden Trout
- Kern River Rainbow
Purchasing this book provides you with the information contained in each of the above reports at about half the cost of purchasing each of the individual reports.
The book's chapters describe each of the native goldens listed above. Each chapter includes:
- Description of Native Trout
- Status and Distribution
- Stream Population
- Area Map and/or Trail Map
- Directions and Trail Description
- Fishing Techniques including leaders and fly patterns